Diary of a vegan schoolgirl

Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

Day 1


Breakfast- weetabix, almond milk and banana
As a vegan, I must get my calcium from somewhere, so occasionally I will have weetabix and almond milk for breakfast. I always add fruit to make it sweeter and not have to add refined white sugar processed through animal bone char.
Lunch- peanut butter sandwich, berries and homemade granola bar.
At lunch time I had a vegan classic, the peanut butter sandwich. Its super simple, and full of healthy fats. Personally I always have crunchy (who doesn't like crunchy :P?). Along side it I had blueberries and raspberries, two very nutritious fruits, and a homemade granola bar.  If you want to make one of these, here's the link http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/.
 Dinner- falafel pitas and broccoli


For dinner I had a falafel pita and broccoli. Falafels are a vegan superfood, you can even make them yourself! They are made of of chickpeas, spices, pulses etc. To make them healthier you could try and bake them and not deep fry them. The pita breads were a good source of carbohydrates, essential for a balanced diet, and the broccoli was full of iron which non vegans/vegetarians get from red meat.  

Snacks- alpro soy yoghurt, apple and nakd banana bread bar
   


No comments:

Post a Comment